It’s never fun or convenient when your property sustains damage. As a property owner, you probably agree that regular inspection of your property is key in upkeep and maintenance. Spotting a worn or damaged area early and being proactive with repair or replacement now can save you time and money in the end by preventing damage from getting worse over time. Whether you’re dealing with wear and tear, weather, or impact damage, there are several things that need to be considered when your metal roof or building is damaged.
If you have discovered damage to your metal building or roof, it is vital to perform as thorough as an inspection as possible. If you’re not comfortable performing the inspection yourself, contact a professional metal building and roof contractor to help you out. The inspection should answer the following questions:
- How serious is the damage? This is the most important question of all. By investigating the damage, you can determine if there is just minor cosmetic damage or if there is major damage that will require full replacement of one or several components.
- What caused the damage? Knowing the cause of the damage can have an impact on the repair or replacement process and whether or not you decide to file a claim with insurance.
- Is there any personal property damaged? Once you determine how serious the damage is, you’ll likely have an idea if the damage has allowed for any rain or other water to enter the building. It is important to know the full scope of damages, including damage to any personal property that is a result of damage to your metal roof or building.
Once you know the extent of damage to your metal roof or building, you may consider whether or not the damage is something that may be covered by insurance. Additionally, if the damage was caused by a negligent party, there may be potential for recovering the repair or replacement expenses from the responsible party via their liability insurance. If you are uncertain about what your property insurance covers, it is best to give your insurance agent a call to discuss your deductible and coverages.
Choosing a Contractor
When it comes to any repairs or replacements that need to be made, you want to be sure that the contractor you choose has knowledgeable expertise in the area of metal buildings and roofs. You also want to have confidence in the building materials they use. Here are some things to consider when choosing a contractor you can trust with your most important investment:
- How long have they been around? Watch out for those “gypsy” or “fly-by-night” contractors that come to town and go door to door soliciting your business. While these contractors may be able to get the job done, they are likely not familiar with your local area and there could be little recourse if they provide faulty workmanship.
- Are they a BBB Accredited Business? Not every business is registered with the BBB, but many are. For BBB accredited businesses, this is a good place to review a business for any resolved or unresolved complaints. JAG Metals LLC is proud to have a “A” rating with the BBB for quality metal building and roofing materials!
- Do they provide any warranty? We would recommend to be wary of any company that doesn’t stand behind their workmanship or work product. At JAG Metals LLC, your satisfaction is our primary concern. We provide a 40 year limited warranty guarantee and also offer a 25 year Galvalume limited warranty guarantee.
- What kind of products do they use? A great repair or replacement means nothing if it is performed with substandard materials. Ask your contractor about JAG Metals LLC. We offer quality PBR panels for superior performance.
Review for Functionality
If you’re faced with any significant repairs to your metal building, now may be the perfect time to review your building’s current functionality. It may be easier to do other unrelated work to your building while the main repairs and replacements are being done. For example, if your current metal building has no interior walls and is used only for storage, now may be the perfect time to transform it into the detached office you’ve been wanting. Lifestyles and needs can change overtime. One of the best features of metal buildings is their versatility. Make yours work for you!
We understand how overwhelming and frustrating it can be to be faced with damage to your metal building or roof. At JAG experts, we have the knowledge, experience, and expertise to guide you through the process of choosing quality metal building materials. Give us a call today — we look forward to helping you!